I love cooking, sometimes I just think of the food and the ingredients and cook it without looking on any recipe books, I experiment and happily all my food experiments so far turned out good! Today I will show you how to cook Joy's Kare-kare, one of my specialty!
1/2 kilo Ox tail cut into 1 inches each
1/2 Beef chunks
1 medium banana's flower bud
1/4 of a small Squash (slice)
2pcs Eggplant (slice)
1 bundle of Pechay
1 bundle String Beans (2 inch slices)
5 pcs Okra (slice)
5 tbps Peanut Butter
2 pcs Knorr Kare-kare mix in 40grams
1 medium onion
5 cloves of garlic (mince)
5 cups of water
1. Boil the ox tail and beef chunks in a large pot until tender . Set aside and reserve the broth.
2. Saute garlic and onions in a wok.
3. Add the ox tail and beef chunks. Cook for few minutes.
4. Pour them back in the large pot, then get about 3/4 of broth put the 2 kare-kare mix, stir until it turns out liquid.
5. Put the sliced banana's flower bud and squash. Followed by the string beans, okra and eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Pour 5tbps peanut butter, and add 2tbps of shrimp paste stir it thoroughly.
7.Put the pechay, cook for 2 minutes.
8. Serve hot with shrimp paste and Enjoy!
Kare-kare is a Philippine food stew in a peanut butter sauce, it's always partnered with shrimp paste to make the taste perfect! Try it for yourself and you'll definitely will love this mouthwatering, very delicious Filipino food.